Thursday, November 8

Kodak Moment: Piddy Paws

Yesterday, I lost my best friend. After over ten years, my cat Piddy Paws' faulty heart couldn't handle life anymore, and he had to be put down. It hasn't quite hit me yet that I've lost him, probably because I wasn't there yesterday. I was three hours away in Cullowhee ironically heading out the door to inoculate our new addition to the family (but more on him later).
I'm sorry I couldn't have been there for Piddy's last moments. I hope that somehow he remembered me and all the fun that we had together growing up. We were quite a pair: an awkward skinny girl and big, fat cat. He was my best friend and confidant even when he drove me bonkers. I loved everything about him from the white lightning bolt between eyes to his extra pounds.
I feel like I said good bye to him a long time ago when I left for college with Sparta. Sadly, I could never take Piddy Paws after his refusal to use the litter box kicked up a few years ago. I never got to share another Trix yogurt cup with him or squirt water into his mouth from the squirt bottle that was supposed to be used for discipline. After a year, he didn't even run to greet me anymore and treated me like a stranger. I just hope he somehow remembered before. I always will.

Piddy Paws loved sleeping in weird places

His favorite thing in the world was being outside.


My favorite picture

Playing with Sparta

He was a fat, fat, hungry cat!

And totally cool!

No comments: