Thursday, August 26

When Life Gives you no Internet

Dear Management of my Apartment,
 Hello, it's me again. I know we've had a few run-ins so far what with the shower door leaking all of my water onto my bathroom floor and my mail key not working, but I think we've gotten on well together. There's just this one thing: Internet speed.
 You should know, I am in absolute love with my apartment. I do not miss walking through the rain, the cold, and the snow plus a long, giant staircase to get to my breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I much prefer and adore my cute, little kitchen just a few feet away. I love the small balcony outside my door where I place a dining chair to sit and read in the fresh mountain air. I cherish and almost worship my private bathroom where I can constantly keep my toiletries instead of shuffling them back and forth from my dorm room to my suite bathroom where seven other girls clog the drains with their hair and "unmentionables." The fact that I can call something mine, a private place with no roommate shuffling above me throughout the night as I try to sleep for the next day of grueling classes is amazing, and I couldn't ask for better housemates. Kayla is an amazing, cheery, outgoing gal with a huge heart and bright personality. CC is laid back, cool, and unruffled by the little things. I can't wait to get to know him better. Then, there's my little brother Cody, who is actually older than me. He has such thoughts and notions about this world; I find them all fascinating! I love this apartment life!
 There's just that one thing: this Internet speed.
 I am a multi-tasker. If I'm not doing more than one thing at a time, I'm bored or it's an unproductive day. Well, while I'm excited I no longer need a long, twisty blue cord to connect to the Internet thanks to Wi-Fi, it is rather slow. I mean, we can agree on that, right? I know you secretly play FarmVille and it doesn't quite load as fast when you're at the office. So, when I'm trying to play Happy Aquarium, upload photos, write a blog, and play a YouTube video... well, my patience is tried time and time again. So, is this a server thing? Or is it the Internet company you guys use?
 It's not that it's necessarily a big deal! It's most that when I'm exhausted and not feeling well and just want to feed my CG fish before I go to bed but it takes five minutes to load and then some... well, it gets a bit frustrating and I want to toss my computer out the window. Actually, more like I want to toss the Internet out the window, but that is an intangible thing, and I'd hate to blame my computer for something it can't help.
 Anyway, let me know if you think about fixing it. Otherwise, I'm gonna have to head down to Waynesville where the closet Best Buy is located and figure something out. Because if I can't multi-task... I'm not a happy person to deal with in the office!
 Hope you guys are having a great start to the new semester with all your other grumbling tenants, and talk to you soon I bet!
 Sincerely,
   Resident A of Apartment #101

***No direspect intended whatsoever toward the management of my apartment! :) They're nice ladies!

No comments: