Thursday, September 22

TR

I always hate Tuesday/Thursday classes. They're half an hour longer and I never seem to take anything interesting on these days.
At 9:30 a.m., I have the most horrible and excruciating course I've ever taken. It's a Writing Intensive class called Critical Approaches to the Study of Literature. It is the keystone class that English majors are forced to take. No one likes it, everyone complains about it, and it's that one class that makes or breaks an English major. If you can't handle it, get out of the department!!
What makes it worse is the professor I got. She's a dot of a woman with scary teeth and Harry Potter-like glasses. And after nearly ever sentence, she cackles!!! She says something clearly not humorous and cackles at herself. She goes off topic, is unclear in her teaching, doesn't know how to operate simple technology, and is making this class impossible to pass. Obviously, my feelings toward her are of great dislike.

At 3:35 p.m., I have Internet and Society, a class to give me hours for my financial aid requirement. It is taught by a small Chinese woman who speaks incredibly good English but with a heavy accent. She's so incredibly adorable, but her class is slow and just one PowerPoint slide after another. The interesting aspect of this class comes from my sarcastic and rambunctious classmates. They keep the class moving as we guess what word our professor is trying to pronounce and asking abstract questions about the Internet. Our final project is making an online blog. Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to use this blog. I must make a new one and report on my research for the paper we are working on. We have to pick a country and describe how that country uses the Internet. I wanted Egypt for obvious reasons, but had to pick Ireland instead. The Irish aren't very plugged in so I plan to focus on how Irish citizens aren't online in this day and age. I'm not sure yet how to turn that into a blog, but we'll see.
My Tuesdays and Thursdays are days I suffer through. Thankfully, it's only twice a week! I look to my Mondays and Wednesdays when I got to Brit Lit and Friday when the week is done!!!
http://summereng4u.wordpress.com/category/uncategorized/page/2/

No comments: