Wednesday, January 4

Photo of the Day January 4

I'm all moved in at my new home in the thick of the mountains of Cullowhee, North Carolina. I have no cell phone service whatsoever, wild critters all around me, and there's just a smidgen of snow left on the ground from Monday night's snowfall! It's already been a culture shock compared to my warm Greensboro home!
Sparta is adjusting well! He's fallen in love with a large, overstuffed recliner chair that was left by the previous owners. He's going to be heartbroken when he realizes I'm having it moved out next week.
Here's a portion of my living room. It still needs a bit of work, but I'm most excited about the new cat tree that belongs to Sparta. Kate and Ma worked hard building it, and Sparta's still learning that the tower actually belongs to him. He's never seen anything like it before, and it's taking a bit of time for him to warm up to it.
Well, better head out into the cold. I have to walk down the mountain to the mailbox and say hello to the neighbors - a handful of stray dogs, a barn-ful of alpacas and llamas, and the cluster of mini horses that never leave their spread of hay!

No comments: