Saturday, December 4

For the Record

I want this on record!!!!
Chris and I have made a bet. I don't know if he was serious, but I was.
Chris has made a verbal statement that he is the kind of guy who marries as soon as he gets out of college. And, I can see him doing that, too. Chris is an undercover romantic. He wants to be the person to ask a girl out instead of the girl asking him out. He doesn't believe in dating around. He practices abstinence. He is a true gentleman. And, I can see him in two years graduating with his diploma on a Saturday and getting married to his college sweetheart on the next Friday. And I'll be there for both of them!
So here's what I wager.... if Chris marries three months at most after graduating college with his bachelor's degree and stays with this girl for at least five years... I will buy him a wedding gift over $300 at the end of that five years. (Originally, I said over $100 but he said, "Well I expect you to do that anyway!" So I'm upping my bid!)
If Chris doesn't... well then he's out of a bride and a $300 gift. If I win, well... I've got $300 more in my bank account and a best friend who isn't too busy to hang out with me because he's busy with his new bride! Also, if I lose... well I don't really lose. I get to see my best friend happier than ever married to the love his life just like he said he would be. Either way... Win!!

No comments: