Saturday, December 11

One Wish for the List

Dear Santa Claus,
 Hi! It's me again. I know I haven't written in a few years. Sorry about that. I kind of let Anne and Kate take over the letter writing for me. But this year, there's something I want more than anything.
It's not something Father or Ma can buy in a store. I know that most of my presents come from Wal-Mart, Target, and Amazon.com but you do the very special ones... like finding Sparta so we could take him home (though that was a few months early) and Kate (she came late). This wish is something that cannot be built by the elves. This wish is going to take all of your personal magical talents.
You see it's my boyfriend. He graduates next week and soon, he'll be moving five hours away from me to start his new adult life. But I have to stay behind and continue going to college. But the thing is, Santa... I really love him. And I don't want to say good bye.
So if there's one gift I could get this year, I'd like to keep my boyfriend here in Cullowhee.
Could you do that, Santa? I've tried my best to be a really good girl. I know I've made some horrible mistakes and slipped up now and then but he's really important to me. It would be the worst Christmas ever if I had to say good bye to him afterwards.
So if you could just sprinkle a little magic over us... I think that'll do the trick. Thanks, Santa! Give my regards to Mrs. Claus. I know she's glad you only have to go far away one night a year. Merry Christmas!
Love,
 Lex

No comments: