Thursday, August 16

The Summer of 2012, A Review

It's that time again... here's the 2012 Summer Review.

Best thing that happened: Stuart and I are together in the same city in the same house!

Worst: Beach trip

Best single day: Spending the day with Stuart going to the animal shelter, walking through downtown Waynesville, and eating at Bocelli's

Worst: Pick a day from the beach trip
New friend: Brandy, one of my staff writers, and Pauline!

Song of the summer: "Spotlight (Oh Nostalgia)" by Patrick Stump, the entire Trespassing album by Adam Lambert

Artist of the summer: Adam Lambert

Best day trip: Taking Kate and Seth to the WNC Nature Center; seeing the 4th of July fireworks at Lake Junaluska
Wish I had: gone tubing

Movie of the summer, DVD: Safe House, Machine Gun Preacher, Reel Steel, John Carter

Movie of the summer, theaters: Snow White and the Huntsman

Most proud of: Handling The Western Carolinian newspaper, mastering the Frisbee golf game in Wii Sports Resort

Could have lived without: upsets at the newspaper

Couldn't have lived without: Stuart's understanding

Loved: Walking through downtown Sylva and Waynesville with Stuart on several occasions, Nutmeg hysterically chomping on a cherry, playing tag with Sparta, getting away from that crazy landlord and moving to downtown Sylva 

Wished: Slowed down and enjoyed the little things, I could have gotten my security deposit from that crazy landlord in Cullowhee

Dreamed: about the zombie apocalypse

Surprised by: How well my relationship is with my grandmother now, needing to wear long pants in the middle of June and August

Appreciated: My family's support (those that did actually support me), Pauline's generosity and care

Hated: Family drama, not having cruise control in my Honda, the oppressive heat, not enough moments enjoying summer

Stressed over: Family drama, making the newspaper perfect, the newspaper's annual budget

Smiled at: Stuart bringing me Bojangles and flowers, Cherry Berry Chillers, Pauline's amazing ability to make me feel like the most loved person in the world, my aunt and grandmother's constant support, two silly beagles
Biggest change: Alcohol free, threw out my pineapple loveseat

To be continued: Finish my degree at Western Carolina University, continue to make The Western Carolinian an award-winning newspaper, cherish the little things in life, call my grandmother every Thursday

No comments: