Sunday, January 9

How Do You Pronounce That?

The last time I got really bored, I made Sparta a Facebook. My friends began to seriously worry... began to seriously tease me!
I'm seriously bored again and after nearly washing my hair with Sparta's flea shampoo that I left in the shower, I've come up with an idea that I have ample time to execute: I am going to look the various, too-many-lettered ingredients in my delights shower gel with the fragrance of sweet pea. Let the ingredient discovering begin!

Cocamidopropyl betaine: a pale yellow liquid, derived from coconut oil, suspected to an environmental toxin

Glycerin: prevents dry skin, naturally occurring compound from lipids, may be derived from animals

BHT: used as a preservative, also used in jet fuels and as an antioxidant food additive, could possibly be linked to cancer and hyperactivity in children

Tributyl citrate: alcohol and citric acid, at high doses animal studies show cardiovascular and neurological effects

(I'm glad I'm not ingesting any of this stuff!)

Propylparaben: found in plants and some insects, preservative found in water-based cosmetics

Methylchloroisothiazolinone: a preservative with antibacterial effects, associated with allergic reactions, first introduced in the 1970's

Well, there are just some of the crazy ingredients in my shower gel. God forbid I ever accidentally swallow any!
***Sources: Wikipedia and Skin Deep

No comments: