Tuesday, February 8

Life Comes at you Fast

Recently, I've stumbled upon a major predictament. Let me break it down.
  1. I am transferring in the fall, but I am officially dismissed from Western to freely transfer in May.
  2. I lose my paying job in May because I no longer a Western Carolina student thus am no longer allowed to work for the University.
  3. I have a cat... with fleas.
  4. I have a boyfriend five hours away.
  5. I would like to transfer to UNC Greensboro or to Greensboro College which is an hour away from my boyfriend.
  6. I have an apartment with a lease that ends on July 31st.
Results from this:
  • I can get a job in Cullowhee for the summer and never see my beloved boyfriend five hours away.
  • I could half move-in with my boyfriend and his roommate. But what about the cat and the fleas? What about all my furniture in Cullowhee?
  • I am supposed to move in with Joe and Anna in Greensboro should I go to UNCG. I wouldn't be able to officially move until August 1st.
  • I will have to get a job in Raleigh if I stayed with my boyfriend. Because of this and even though we'd be living together, I'd never see my boyfriend. Odds are I'd get a job at a Old Navy or McDonald's and work from 8 am to 5 pm. My boyfriend works four to five nights every week from 4:00 pm to after midnight. See the problem?
  • I will have to get a job in Greensboro after either the job in Cullowhee when I move or after the job in Raleigh when I move. Meaning at the end of it all, I would have searched for two different jobs in two different cities in the span of less than four months.
  • Where does Sparta fit into all of this?
  • Am I ever going to see my boyfriend again on a regular basis? And, what is that going to do to our relationship?
Simple solution:
  1. Get over the fact that I HATE the city of Raleigh and attend NC State so I don't have quit the job I hope to find in Raleigh.
Problems with simple solution:
  • I hate Raleigh!
  • I want to be with Joe and Anna, too.
  • What if Morgan and I break-up? I'm stuck in a city I hate without any friends.
  • I really don't like Raleigh! And, I really don't like NC State.
  • Morgan's apartment does not allow pets... persay.
These are NOT things a 19-year-old and a 22-year-old should be worrying about!!!!!! They're just not!! I should be worrying about making the best of grades and Morgan should be worrying about if he's doing his job properly and the responsibilites about being a new apartment-renter.
But we're not. We're worried this isn't going to work. Or is it does... will we have enough energy and stamina to pull it off?

William Shakespeare's Romeo + Juliet starring Leo DiCaprio


No comments: