Friday, February 11

Misunderstanding

A few days ago I wrote a post that was talking about the problems I will be facing over the summer when I transfer from Western Carolina University and essentially lose my job.
Unfortunately, what I wrote was slightly misunderstood. My mom took it that I was complaining about life and that I didn't want to deal with my problems. She got the idea by my first sentence in the last paragraph. Maybe you remember it: "These are not things a 19-year-old and a 22-year-old should be worrying about..." I made it really big and really bold because that was my "rock" statement, the statement that is supposed to "wow" my audience or whatever. Anyway, the statement was misconstrued as I was complaining about how horrible my life is.
The message of that post was actually that I was venting my frustration because I have this pile of problems but I can't solve them as of yet! That's the important part: they can't be solved right now. I don't mind solving the problem. In fact, I want to be the one who does it. I wasn't trying to say I wanted my problems gone. I want to find the perfect place to live that I'll love and find a job I'll at least semi-enjoy and pick out the university that will give me the best education. That's what I want to do! The reason I was so upset is because I'm someone who wants to just get things done or else I'll never stop thinking about them! And right now, making decisions and fixing problems is what I can't do because I have to:
  • wait for my lease to run out
  • wait for UNCG to respond to my application
  • wait to see if Morgan and I continue to be in a relationship to know if I even need to find a job in Raleigh or camp out here in Cullowhee until I can move
It's just a lot of waiting, and I'm a horribly impatient person.
I'm sorry for those who didn't understand my meaning in the last post. I just wanted to get out there what was going on and get some support from the important people in my life.
Thanks to everyone who responded and reached out to Morgan and myself.

SHOUT OUT

I just want to give a huge shout out to my mom's parents, Nanny and Pawpaw!! They are absolute angels in my eyes for what they've done! I don't know how to thank them. They have given me such a gift. Thank you, thank you!
Hug!


No comments: