Monday, July 9

The Must List, July 9

There's a page in every Entertainment Weekly magazine that tells their readers the "must-have" things of that week. It was usually my favorite page, back when I subscribed to the magazine in high school. Usually, the list was specific, like the "must-have" DVDs for Christmas or the "must-have" books. Well... mine's going to be random, but they are definitely things to you need to eat, drink, borrow, watch, read, and thoroughly enjoy!!
So prepare yourselves... here is my first ever The Must List!!

1. Cherry Berry Chiller drink 
Stuart laughs at me for this, but I LOVE IT!! It's tangy; it's sweet; it's what fast food is supposed to be! And, it's very happiness-inducing! Grab one before it's gone because supposedly they're only around for a limited time. OMG! I want one!! This thing for me is equivalent to a Krabby Patty for the entirety of Bikini Bottom!
2. John Carter on DVD
What an awesome fantasy adventure! I'm not one for space movies - can't stand Star Trek (old or new) and I'm really not amazed by Star Wars. So for me to say that I loved this movie and that it was the greatest DVD I have rented from NetFlix in a few weeks is saying something! Plus, it's Taylor Kitsch with long hair!! YES!
3. Stuart's BBQ chicken thighs
Ladies, you need to find you a man who can grill like mine because this one is taken! Back... away... slowly...
4. Thunderstorms
You can't read a good book unless there's a calm, rumbling, grumbling thunderstorm outside. With the rain drops pattering on the A/C window unit and splashing in the creek outside, there's no other perfect setting for reading or cuddling.
5. Machine Gun Preacher on DVD
Ever since my Non-Western World Literature class, I have been interested in how films portray the discourse of Africa. In this film, Africa is looked at through the white-man-swoops-in-and-saves-black-Africa lens along with your stereotypical violence and injured children. Still, the story will amaze you and leave you wondering how you can improve your life by doing good for others.
6. Cyanide and Happiness web comic
LOL!! Just click on the link! Warning: some material is crude and involves adult language.

No comments: