Tuesday, November 2

How's that New Boy

I've been pretty mum on my relationship with Morgan. Aside from his right to his privacy, my blog post haven't mentioned him much because my family reads this blog. My parents in particular... well, there are some things I'm just not going to tell them about him and me. They don't need to know. We're not sharing diseases or running the risk of getting me pregnant (for abstinence is the best birth control), but I'm sure there are a few things that would make them blush or they would frown upon.
Then, I had a long discussion with Chris. Last year, Chris was my rock when things with The Viking and the boys got shaky. I was telling Morgan today that the great thing about Chris is that he has an opinion about EVERYTHING which means I can talk to him about ANYTHING! Whatever I have to say, he already has an entire string of thoughts on. Mostly, I pause after being asked an opinionated question. I need a moment to collect my thoughts and really mull over what I think about the topic. Chris doesn't have this problem. You ask him a question and he immediately has an answer. It makes me wonder how much time he has on his hands to think about all these possible opinions. Chris is my go-to guy for just about anything, but specifically for Christian-related stuff. He was raised by a pastor and his love for God is some days above comprehension for me. He is honest and direct and is not afraid to hurt my feelings. So I felt completely comfortable and knew that I was getting the truth when I began to ask him about my relationship with Morgan and what were good boundaries to set when it came to physical stuff. And even though he's a guy, it's not weird between us. We're not like that. Like we're brother and sister without the awkward "hey we're related we shouldn't talk about sexual stuff."
Chris likes to believe his opinion is "a standard." And while I rely on him, I don't need an opinion from him to get me through the day... though sometimes it may have seem that way to him. Like the time The Viking made me upset and I ran to his room sobbing asking "What should I do?" Like the many times that happened last year!
On relationships, Chris has strict opinions. He has himself a mini checklist in what he wants in his perfect woman, like no smoking and a love for God. Chris hates drama! He doesn't date around. If he dates someone, it's because he can see himself marrying this girl in the next two to five years. He has standards I look up to. He also doesn't believe in living together.
Now, Morgan and I... I don't consider us living together. Neither does Morgan. But Morgan does sleep over in my bed. And, I was afraid to tell Chris this because I was wary of a long-winded speech full of opinions.
Moment...
Ma and Father (until this moment in time) don't know Morgan sleeps over. In fact, I'd be surprised if I didn't see an eyebrow-raising Facebook Wall post or get a phone call after they read this. But I've learned a thing or two. I know a few family secrets. I've seen some questionable stuff. And, I'm not afraid to stand up and say first off, my boyfriend leaves for Raleigh in December permanently and I'm going to spend all the time I want with him and secondly, I know a few secrets that I don't consider to be secrets but the people they are about do...............is my underlying message getting through? Personally, I don't think Morgan sleeping with his arm around me all night is half as bad as some of the things I know about my parents! You gotta love it! ;)
With that said, I'd like to direct a line to my dearest sister Kate: darling sister whom I adore and protect, you are in high school! And you may be in love with your Eminem-look-a-like but baby, don't be sleeping around with some boy, and I'm talking about sleepovers and/or sex. You are very young, and I know you don't feel that way, but when you look back and Eminem isn't still with you, you're going to regret all those boys you let sleep over because there should only be one that really sleeps over every single night. And you are going to love him more than anything in the world. And you are going to want to give your life for him. And he is going to put a gigantic rock on your left ring finger. And he is going to give you the world. And you two are going to have a beautiful family. And this may be Eminem and if it's not, you're not going to remember him anymore. Or least I don't want you to because you're going to be remembering him as the boy who you loved too young and the one you let spend that one night that wasn't so great after all. Hey, maybe you two have already shared a bed. I like to pretend you're still my baby sister but you are a big girl now and can make those decisions. Just keep a clear head and don't let him talk you into anything!
Anyway......... I never told Chris that Morgan and I had sleepovers of the innocent kind. Of course, Chris pulled one over on me and figured the freaking thing out himself!! And when it slipped out yesterday, he was totally cool about it. Of course, I'm freaking out.
 "Wait a minute, you knew?!" I shrieked.
"Um, Lex... of course you guys are sleeping in the same bed."
"But I thought you had a vendetta against that."
"Look, you're not dumb. You have morals," he began to preach. "I know that waiting and not having sex mean something to you. It's important and you want to share that with your husband." He added something along the lines of what did he care if Morgan and I were sleeping in my tiny twin bed every night.
It made me realize and feel so stupid for ever trying to hide something from my best friend. When it comes to Chris, I should have known better!
.......More on Morgan and myself later! Must. Get. Some. Sleep!

Lynn Rushton, Trust, 2007

2 comments:

west said...

i am glad that you are happy and have someone to talk to and have on your mind and have a personal relationship with. i am happy and i think that you should have it and you deserve it after all that has happened

Lex said...

Thanks, "west." That means so much!