Wednesday, November 24

No Need for that Much Speed

I have had good luck when it comes to cops. Notice how I said "HAVE HAD good luck."
This past weekend Chris and I headed to Atlanta. Chris was off to see his girl. I was going to visit my dad's twin brother and wife. The trip had already started off with drama. We got lost and went nearly an hour out of our way, crossing into a different state... which by the way is my worst nightmare, being lost and ending up in a state I'm not supposed to be in. Then 20 minutes down the road I see a cop car with its lights on close behind me.
Apparently, I had been driving in a 45 mph zone with NO CLUE! I was going 61 mph!! Explicit bad word here! I never saw a speed limit sign. I'm sure Chris didn't either. The last sign I saw was for 55 mph. Had I been there I would have been fine. But no, I was coming off cruise control going downhill which only made me speed worse and that cop came from NOWHERE!
Now, I have a court date in January or pay probably a $150 fine... which Father will not bail me out of. Father, now when I have a cut paycheck by half for winter break is not the time to practice tough love......!!
The trip continued to go sour when Chris and I hit Atlanta at 5:00 p.m. Have you ever sat in Atlanta traffic at 5 p.m.?!?!?! Because that's basically what you're doing for over an hour: sitting there.
Finally, I dropped Chris off with his girl then had to double back into ATLANTA AGAIN for more traffic before reaching my aunt and uncle's just outside of the city. What was supposed to have been a 3 1/2 hour trip turned into NEARLY 7 HOURS!!!!
We returned on Sunday. Monday was class. Tuesday I jumped into Little Honda and drove three hours to Charlotte where I dropped off Remington, Ma's new little kitten. He's a puffball, people! I mean you can barely see his face from puff!
Remington ^_^
After Charlotte, it was back in the car (once again at 5 pm) to inch through over an hour of Charlotte/Concord traffic to Raleigh to meet up at Morgan's house for Thanksgiving. My head felt like someone was pressing two suction cups against my temples and squeezing. My right kneecap was shaking and my buttocks was numb. Correction: Below my waist was numb! Please dear someone, I never want to get into the driver seat of Little Honda again! In fact, I'd rather not get into a car again!
Hey, everyone in Charlotte, I'll be seeing you guys on Friday when I take another 3-hour drive on Black Friday of all days!! Oh, there's gotta be a blog post after that one!

No comments: