Saturday, August 13

At last 200

I think it's appropriate that my 200th post is to be about moving into my new home in Greensboro, NC.

The move has been stressful one. Money's short with all the housing and pet deposits and buying groceries, but it'll even itself back out eventually. Working at Subway...bleh! My first day was horrible because the bosses can be pretty nasty. They're immigrants and don't understand all of the American social structures yet, including how to talk to people constructively. I came home sobbing. There's also the major fact that Stuart and I have started our long distance relationship again. It's been hard on both of us, especially me with not much to do throughout the day while he's constantly busy now with two jobs. I hate that we're back in this situation with no end in sight as he continues to work in Raleigh and I continue my college career.
Thankfully, the house is everything I had hoped for and more! We've only had a few minor glitches with the house itself, including an infestation of ants. They're not so bad though. It's great living with Joe and Anna. We get along real well. It's like we were never apart for those two years. It's like high school but without all of the drama of anyone else. We've settled into adult living quite well and have had few issues with each other. I feel much more at ease than I ever did at my Cullowhee apartment. Not knowing Kayla or CC before, it always felt forced for the most part. Like I was obligated to have conversations with them sometimes if we were in the same room. CC was better about keeping a relaxed atmosphere about the place, but once he left after graduation, there was such a tension in the apartment. Stuart's absence didn't help. I was always worried, tense, and stressed beyond my limit.
Anna and Fleetwood
Now in Greensboro, even with Stuart gone, living is easier. I feel like I don't have to watch out for my stuff because it's in good hands. I don't feel like I have to guard the house either because there aren't any ex boyfriends stalking around and now there's a rather large chocolate Labrador retriever guarding the place. He's not the best guard dog to be sure, but it's better than nothing.
The cats, Sparta and Mac, have finally settled in... I hope. Mac hasn't been neutered yet so there's a bit of twisted "love" going on now that they're not literally at each other's throats. There's already been some blood, including mine. I hope that either soon Mac will get to the vet or he'll calm down from chasing his newfound love interest around the house and just give Sparta some peace. I lock Sparta up in my room at night just so he can get a break from Mac's relentless persistence to hump him. It's quite disturbing and I worry for my cat's state of mind.
Sparta's handiwork
Overall, the move was stressful for everyone, but I think as things are settling in it's only going to get easier. Sure, there will be some temper flares in the future, but I imagine it ending well as Joe, Anna, and my personalities have always meshed well together. I wouldn't be living with them if I knew it was going to be precarious living situation based on how we interacted with each other in high school. We're different now, of course, but I think we're better people. We've gained a lot in the past two years going to college. We're not ignorant high school seniors anymore...!
Sparta settling in

No comments: