Tuesday, August 2

The Summer of 2011, a Review

The summer is coming to a close and quickly. I have finally found a place to live in Greensboro, and the keys are jingling on my key ring. It's a cute house close to campus I'm sharing with Joe and Anna (or JoAnna) and our three pets. I move in on August 6th and start my new job as a Sandwich Artist at Subway on August 10th! School starts soon after!!

Best thing that happened: moving in with Stuart

Worst: Car insurance business and never finding a job...

Best single day: First day at the Outer Banks with Stuart for our 9-month anniversary

Worst: Being sick because of the heat when the air conditioner was out; Ralph the bat being put to sleep!

New friend: Kerrigan, Mitchell's daughter

Song of the summer: "The Last Goodbye" by David Cook, "Sleepwalker Glam Nation Live version" by Adam Lambert, "Friday is Forever" by We the Kings

Artist of the summer: We the Kings

Best day trip: Going to Greensboro and finally finding my new house!!
New house on Milton Street

Wish I had: been able to swim more

Movie of the summer, DVD: Long Way Down series, 300, The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

Movie of the summer, theaters: Water for Elephants

Most proud of: Making it work with Stuart and working hard on my new novel

Could have lived without: Cleaning out the Cullowhee apartment

Couldn't have lived without: Stuart

Loved: How hard Stuart tried no matter how sick or bitchy I was

Wished: Stuart and I had had more time

Dreamed: Many strange things!

Surpised by: Talking to The Viking again?! What?? Didn't see that one coming.

Appreciated: Stuart's tireless efforts to make sure I had the best summer

Hated: Family drama, money problems, Ralph the bat's untimely death!

Stressed over: Never finding a job, keeping my car, finding a house in Greensboro, getting my college stuff organized

Smiled at: My adorable hamster, my silly Sparta, my adventures in Mount Holly, being with MK, and Morgan asking me to dance at Vic's Italian Restaurant

To be continued: Finish my novel, never give up on my relationship, and trying new foods
Ma's wedding

No comments: