Friday, October 28

Un-readables

I pulled some novels off my book shelf that I'll more than likely never end up reading (at least any time soon)! We have:

1. War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy

2. The Jane Austin novels

3. Fall of Giants by Kek Follet

4. The Red Badge of Courage by Stephen Crane

I want to read War and Peace, but no matter how hard I try... I can never it make it through. I bought The Red Badge of Courage at a secondhand store because it had a beautiful binding, and I'm shallow enough that I enjoy having classic titles on my bookshelf even when I haven't read them. The Ken Follet novel was a Christmas present that I asked for. I was completely unaware of how long or big it was!! The plan is to read it, but my hopes aren't high. The Jane Austin novels were a gift, which I loved because once again, they're beautifully bound and they're a matching set. Will I read them? I'm sorry, Jane Austin, you put me to sleep!
What's on your shelf that you'll never read?

No comments: