Wednesday, July 6

Kodak Moment: Kayaking

This morning, Morgan and I kayaked around Lake Johnson, a large park that consists of hiking trails, classes offered to the masses, a gigantic lake, and several water fowl who constantly want bread. This is our second time kayaking, and we enjoyed the quieter, wilder side of the lake accessed by paddling under the two bridges - one for pedestrians and one for vehicles.
The fish were vicious! I screamed multiple times as fish either knocked the underside of my orange kayak, nearly flipped into my boat, and startled me with loud slaps against the water before shooting under me. To me, it was terrifying! ...Morgan was laughing hysterically.
There are two weedy streams on this side of the lake. In one, we found a large snapping turtle - bigger than a dinner plate!! It was Morgan's find, and boy, was he proud!


Exploring a little stream
Snapping turtle!

Our kayaks

No comments: