Saturday, July 9

Lex's Secret Camping Trip Part 1

I think it's a big thing to make it to 9 months in a relationship. That seems like a ridiculous long bit of time to stay with one person at the young adult stage of life. And, Morgan and I have been through it, man! Long distance for 4 months, family issues, financial trials, past experiences, and the personal journey of being together with someone of dealing with the good, the bad, and the impatient frustrations of little crap. Tell you what, I'd have thrown in the towel a long time ago if it were with anyone but Morgan. And, that's how I know I love him and he's right for me. Because based on past experiences, I have thrown in the towel with people and didn't give them second chances. Morgan doesn't make me want to do that. Instead, I want to work out the problems and have a better relationship.
So, I wanted to do something really special that both of us would readily enjoy for our anniversary on July 7th. My favorite place in the whole world is the small chain of islands off the coast of North Carolina known as the Outer Banks. I have the happiest and best memories there. My favorite restaurants are down there, and I am a deep lover of the beach! I wanted to add to my memories a trip with my boyfriend on our anniversary at my favorite place; I wanted to show him around the place that made me so happy.
At first, I searched for hotels for a one night stay. Well, beach real estate, even hotel real estate, is not cheap! Currently jobless as I am, I decided to take the brave route and planned for a night's stay at the Ocean Waves Campground in Waves, North Carolina.
With Morgan clueless as the entire trip was a surprise, I packed my mother's two-person tent in the back of Little Honda along with a vast array of beach supplies, including the family's magic Barney bag of beach toys. I gathered beach chairs, a colorful umbrella, and sand stakes from Morgan's mother and made a reservation at the campground. Thankfully, Morgan has and enjoys camping as that's what he grew up with. I knew that, as I've never camped anyone except five feet from my house in the backyard, Morgan would be able to handle any situations that arose during our camping trip.
When visiting Ma and gathering the tent, I allowed Morgan a detail of my secret trip: "Baby, we're going camping."
He was like a little boy again, perfectly elated!
Barney's magic bag of beach stuff

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

eaсh time i used tο read smalleг аrticlеs ωhich as well clеar theiг
motive, аnd that іs alѕο hapρеning
with this article which I aam rеadіng now.


Feеl frее tо surf
tο my homepagе Prepare Your current Searching Stay in Dubai Resorts Near Buying Center