Thursday, October 7

Done.

On Tuesday afternoon, I wrote the last words of my novel "In the High Five."
I cannot even describe the feeling. I felt so free!! To be completely finished with this great project I have dedicated six months of my life to.
Now it's time to reread, reread, reread, reread, and get it ready for publishing! But for right now this minute, I'm celebrating as I have been for the past two days!
The night of I tried my first beer! I barely sipped it past the neck of the bottle because it was so GROSS! That was bitter and nasty. I can still taste it on the back of my tongue. So yeah, I'm good on that front. CC and Morgan got a kick out of my disgruntled face though. Then they put a Pixie Stix in the beer. This is what happens after the first EXPLOSION:

We won't be doing that again. Another thing that Pixie Stix shouldn't mix with: cupcakes! A friend and I put Pixie Stix powder on the icing of our freshly made cupcakes... just no!
So there's been much to celebrate, but this time I'm celebrating with sparkling grape juice. At least with that I can guzzle it out of a big glass bottle and pretend I'm swigging down wine. But that's a no on the beer! (I knew there had to be a reason I had never tried it before)

Another reason to celebrate is I've met this guy... I really like this guy. And, I'm so thankful for him because he is a breath of fresh air. You know, even if nothing works out between us... it doesn't matter. I am happy either way because I've finally met a NICE guy, someone who looked me in the eye first, someone who didn't immediately grabbed and kissed me (and still hasn't) before we talked for over an hour watching Ghost Rider while waiting for "Sons of Anarchy" came on, someone who didn't start off as my best friend so it's not awkward, someone who just showed up in my life and took me completely by surprise, someone who kept me from swearing off men and going off to become a nun (no, seriously...I thought about that, but I'm not Catholic). I am just so happy!
And with the ending of my book and finding this new person, I have kicked The Viking completely out the door. I didn't even ask him where he was going. I just said "OUT" and out he went without a glance back at me nor I at him. It took one long helluva a year, but it was a year I needed because now I am back on feet, back in the game, back believing in the romance of things, and I HAVE FINISHED A NOVEL! No one, not a heartbreaking guy or a friendship turned sour, can take that away from me!!
Cheers!


1 comment:

MIke said...

i am so happy that you are finaly over the viking and i think you should be pround of your self and i am glad that we are friends and i want to come over and celabrate all this good news so pleases tell me which whould be better for you Friday night you tell me a time or another night i whould like to celabrate with you even if others do not