Saturday, November 5

Cullowhee - Where I Wanna Be

So it's now official.... For the past month, I have been deciding how I want to where I want to continue my college education. As you all know, UNCG has not been as great as I had hoped, and upon visiting Western to see my friends, I realized how much I missed being in that crazy, cold place. Yes, I complained about it a lot and it took some getting used to, but I realized I made a mistake and I want to go back.
Fun at WCU
My friends are there.
There's a nice, steady job waiting for me there.
There's a Creative Writing minor there.
There are two animal shelters there that I have loved and worked for and miss.
Kitten at animal shelter
I made a mistake, and now I'm taking the steps to reverse it. On Wednesday, I had a phone conference with a Western Carolina adviser from the English department. We talked, discussed, and planned out my return. That night at midnight, I registered for 13 credit hours of classes at Western Carolina. All that's left is to transfer over my financial aid (which no one seems to know how to do) and then I'm back!! I'm a Catamount again!!!
I am so excited about this! Justin is going to give me back my spot as News Editor and I will shadow him for the position of Editor-in-Chief. I will get to hang out with my friends, be at a place I know and respect, and my adviser is freaking awesome!!!!!
The only downside is I lose the short commute to Stuart's place. He will, of course, remain in Raleigh, and it's going to be hard for both of us. I hope we'll make it through just like we did last time!

No comments: