Sunday, March 20

1. Pretty Little Liars

Book 1: Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard (A-)

I finished Liars today and let me say before anyone goes bashing, this was actually a good book. Of course, I'm already in love with the TV show but the book... wow, just as good!! It wasn't all fluff and girl's powdering their noses like the Mary Kate and Ashley mystery books Kate was obsessed in elementary school. These were pretty girls doing real things!
Don't get me wrong! There was enough fashion and style in that book to keep Kate satsified for awhile! And, as someone who isn't into that stuff, I was confused about a lot of it. I didn't understand what half of those girls wore and why the brand names were so important.
"dark blue Paper Denim jeans"
"Louis Vuitton cherry monogrammed coin purse"
"APC miniskirt"
"Alberta Ferrari minidresses"
Um, English please?
If you can get through all the fashion details about what each pretty little popular girl is wearing and actually get down to the story, then it's a really great read! I can't wait to dive into the second book!! Back to City Lights bookstore I go!

No comments: