Friday, March 18

Mission Book Worm

In my ever-continuing efforts to keep busy while Morgan is gone, I have begun a mission. In his book Three Weeks with my Brother, Nicholas Sparks admitted that he once read 100 books a year during his mourning period after his father died. As much as I love to read, I want to see if I can accomplish the same.

Mission: By March 16, 2012, I will have read 100 books.

Guidelines: After each book, write a review and synopsis on this blog with a final grade at the end of each post.
Right now, I am reading 4 of my eventual 100. The City Lights book store in Sylva is constantly calling my mind so I've starting reading multiple books at the same time like I did in high school.
1. Mens are from Mars, Women are from Venus. I'm reading this as more of a favor to Stuart. He read the book and found it was actually really good. Personally, I'm not for the "self help" type of books or "how can I improve my life" books. If it's "self help" then getting advice from a psychologist-turned-New-York-Times-bestseller is not getting SELF help! However, Stuart was so excited about it that I decided to read it. If we're going to get in a disagreement about something, let it not be because I wouldn't read a book!
2. The Constant Gardener is a thriller that was turned into one of my favorite movies starring Ralph Fiennes and Rachel Weiz. And the book has turned out to be extraordinarily just as good! But it is scaring the crap out of me with medical and pharmaceutical nightmares!
3. One of my favorite TV series right now is thanks to Kate. She got me addicted to "Pretty Little Liars" on ABC Family and now I'm reading book 1 of the series by Sara Shepard. So far, it's been good, not anywhere near pink and fluffly except for the Barbie doll on the front cover.
4. My Side of the Mountain is a reread, which I'm going to say counts. I read aloud to Stuart every night, and he insisted on Mountain. I forgot how wonderful this classic is!!!

No comments: