Tuesday, September 28

Bleach-ed

This post's soundtrack as today is Laundry Day for me!


It's one of those weeks where you know everything is going to happen! Everything is going to keep you on your toes and you have no down time whatsoever!!! So why am I treating it like it's not?! Sunday I spent the day on the loveseat in the living room watching "The Tudors" and the Carolina Panthers game. We shall not even mention that game anymore! Yesterday after four classes, I spent the majority of the day sitting in bed watching "Glee" episodes or just messing around. I accomplished reading half of my Film assignment and writing a few pages in my book... and writing a few pages in my book counts towards zero homework assignments.
I have two papers due, and three articles... I think it's three. Yeah, three... unless I get my Rumors column going, then it's four. My articles are due tonight at 5. One of my papers is sort of due tomorrow... it's Peer Review Day or as the teacher said, "If you don't have your paper, don't show up." Well that sucks because that gives me over two hours to kill before my next class as I don't like going back and forth between campus and the apartment multiple times a day, so..... I must finish my paper by 10:00 tomorrow morning. Yet here I am writing a blog with another "Glee" episode on pause listening to the whirling of the washing machine and my laundry theme song "Laundry Day" from Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. That would be cool if I had a sing-along blog!! Yeah so, I'm feeling really random today.
The truth is I've been in a good mood. Well, I'm still in a bad mood getting up at 8 a.m. on MWF, but that's more of a I'm so exhausted and in a fog at that hour that I'm in default bad mood. But, I'm in a really good mood all of a sudden. Maybe it's because I've been giving myself "days off" when I shouldn't and I bought a few bags of candy at Wal-Mart! Ah, sugar!!
It could be that Sparta is in my life! I love that little cat! I haven't had a depressing night sitting in my room with nothing to do since he got here! Instead, I've been standing out in the hallway until 10:30 at night throwing a catnip-filled sock or a furry mouse as Sparta chases it down the hall every time like he's on fire. There should be smoke coming out of his heels. He is an amazing little cat, and confession: I've been a really bad mom!
On Saturday, I decided to be an adult and clean the bathroom toilet and sweep the bathroom floor because it was piling up with cat litter. Father had bought me a new bottle of toilet bowl cleaner with bleach and I couldn't figure out how to open it. You were just supposed to pop the cap with a simple twist, but it wouldn't pop! So, when I turned around, the cap finally popped and I accidentally squeezed the bottle squirting bleach directly into Sparta's eyes and on his paws as he was directly behind me to investigate my chore.
Sparta yowled and fled the bathroom. I had to chase him around the apartment three times in order to catch him. He wouldn't come anywhere near me! All the while, I'm saying, "Oh Sparta! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry! Baby! I'm so sorry. Come back!"
CC, on the loveseat, was wondering what the heck is going on as his new housemate is running around the apartment after her cat, screaming. Then, he laughed when he found out the truth.
Finally, I captured Sparta and began to wash out his eyes and release him. Then, I see him licking his paws and face, and I'm thinking, "Oh #$&*, he's going to poison himself and I'm going to come home from the football game and find a dead cat that I paid $250 for!"
"What am I going to do?"
"Give him a bath!" said CC.
"My gosh, I don't even know how I would go about doing that."
"Well, you could... no, you're not going to like that suggestion."
"What? Throw him in the toilet and flush?"
"No," answered CC, "put him in the dishwasher."
My mouth hung agape. "Oh my gosh! He'd drown!"
"Told you you wouldn't like the suggestion."
In the end, I tossed Sparta into the kitchen sink and began to bathe him with a washcloth. Oh, he was NOT happy!!! However, he behaved surprisingly well, only meowing once and never trying to scratch out my eyes or make it impossibly difficult to hold him down with unnecessary wiggling. When I dried him off, Sparta refused to let me near him for the next couple of hours.
Thankfully, Sparta survived! He is perfectly healthy and back to normal. Though my friends aren't going to let it go!
"Oh, Sparta, look how white your paws are! They look like they've been bleached."
"You know, he can't see that toy! You blinded him with bleach!"
"How's Sparta? Has he forgiven you yet?"
"What did you do to Sparta today, Lex?"
Thanks, guys! I swear, it was an accident!!
Sparta after his bath

No comments: