Wednesday, September 1

Newsie

After four long classes, I walked to the Old Student Union Building for a meeting for my boss. And guess what? He has promoted me to News Editor-in-Training! I couldn't be more thrilled! This is a huge step in the direction I want my career to take off in. Journalism was always supposed to be a back-up plan if my novels failed, but who knew I would enjoy it so much? Thanks, Bossman! This means so much to me, and I won't let you down!
Tonight, Kayla, CC, and I had a family dinner. CC and Kayla grilled chicken, I boiled macaroni, CC microwaved broccoli, and I set the table. It was a trip seeing us all hopping around the kitchen or running outside to the grille around the back of the apartment building while a "NCIS" marathon on USA played in the background. When Kayla and her friend brought in the chicken, we all sat down together at the dinner table and dined like I haven't since I left home two weeks ago!
My gosh... has it been nearly two weeks already?! And no school on Monday?!?! Can I get a happy dance!?!
Anyway, that dinner... that meant so much to me to be able to sit down in a family setting with my awesome roommates. If only Cody had been there! I feel like I'm living in a 4-bedroom apartment with only two other roommates! Where is my Cody? He either hates me or he hates our roommates or he hates this apartment. But I'm at a loss for words when it comes to him. He was part of my family last year, and now I never see him! It's heartbreaking. 
Back to the dinner... "Sooooooo who's going to do the dishes?" I asked when my plate was bare. Then, it was that Nose Goes game... and guess who lost! *Raises hand* But we pulled together again, rinsed off our plates individually, and filled up the dishwasher. And today CC cleaned all the kitchen counters. They were all shiny when I got home! He may have done it out of boredom, but thanks anyway! And, he's working on a cast iron skillet now... really cleaning and seasoning that thing. Man, whatever classes he's signed up for, I would like to take them because if you're bored enough to clean the entire kitchen, your homework load must be extremely light, haha!

No comments: