Sunday, September 12

Nightmare

Whenever I'm having difficulty dealing with something, my body internally deals with it by giving me nightmares. They fall under these three categories:
1. Nonsense that's either very vivid or terrifying
2. Someone is after me and I can't run way fast enough
3. The Viking and/or the boys

Last night, I dreamed about The Viking again. We were in a parking lot pretending to ignore each other. Little Honda was parked right beside his car and as I was backing out, I scraped Little Honda up against his vehicle. Crap, now I have to talk to him. So I jumped out of the car and said I was sorry. He actually wasn't mad (a true hint that this was a dream). One thing led to another and we started talking, but there was still that touchable wall of awkwardness. I don't remember anything that was said just the overwhelming feeling or discomfort.
No, this isn't nearly as frightening as my dreams usually are. But to see him again, to think I was that close to him again (because when you dream, some times you don't realize you're dreaming) was a nightmare within itself.
We haven't spoken to each other since early May, and he still has so much power over me... in my head, anyway. The novel I'm writing based on and exaggerated about The Viking's and my history is nearly finished. I'm at page 289, and I hope to be done by the end of September... which is quickly creeping up on me! I'm banking a lot on that this book will actually become published, actually become readable and take off in readership. My future depends on that it won't be like my blog... read by my family and professors, haha! I'm so proud of this story, and that I lived to tell about it. I can't for you all to read it! Maybe with its completion and its conclusion the nightmares will finally go away and I can rest in peace. ......That is a poor choice of words! That seems to hint at something else.... Ahem! ....And I can sleep at ease!

No comments: