Saturday, September 18

Operation Sparta Final Phase

Operation "Sparta"
Status: Final Phase

Yesterday after classes I traveled from Cullowhee to Charlotte to pick up Sparta. I walked through the door and there are my two beautiful babies, Piddy Paws and Sparta. It saddened me for the split second that Sparta shrank from my hand because he thought I was a stranger. But now we're all hanging out in the kitchen. Sparta got himself a flea treatment so there won't be an immediate invasion of biting black dots in the apartment. I still don't know how I'm going to handle taking one cat and leaving behind the one that I raised from a kitchen for the past nine years.........................

Last night Ma took me out to Forestview High School to see Kate cheer for the varsity football game. What else is new... my high school lost unless they had a huge turnaround in the last quarter. Lemme check The Gazette... OOOHHHH!!
Forestview: 47
My alma mater: 7
I left a football-sucking high school for a football-sucking college!! Did you seen last weekend's WCU football game? Yeah, neither did I... because there's no point in going! Anyway, I'm not trying to rag on the school... hey, we have reasonable tuition prices because you never hear an all star athlete say "I wanna be a Catamount!" Though we do have Brad Hoover, a former Carolina Panther, as part of our Hall of Fame. Take that for what it's worth. Personally, I think Hoover is an amazing football player. Dear sir, please come back to your college.....
So at the game, Ma and I are hanging out watching Abbey cheer, my high school lose, and we're working out way through a bag of Logan's salted peanuts (this was after some blue raspberry Italian ice, yum!). Well, because we got one touchdown, the cheerleaders threw towels and T-shirts into the stands. So all the parents rush to the front to convince their child to throw the merchandise at them, including Ma. Kate hefts the T-shirt at Ma but because she's clinging to the bag of peanuts, the T-shirt goes sailing past her into my hand! SCORE! I've never caught something at a game before! Rock on. Now I have an oversized white T-shirt with my high school's name on the front and a large advertisement for some kind of yard work on the back!
"I only had one hand!" said Ma, disappointed.
"Dude," I answered, "I just caught it with one hand." I waved my cell phone in her face. "My cell phone was in my other hand!"
I am super proud of my caught shirt... though not as proud of my staff polo which I wore to the game!
After football, it was off to Waffle House with MK and his brother NK. We had a blast hanging out again talking about school, teasing the Waffle House staff who know MK personally by now, and taking pictures in the parking lot! Typical K brothers fun! I wish we had had more time together.
Well, I've just spotted the peanut bag from last night, so I'm going to dig in while finishing The Men Who Stare at Goats movie on TiVo. I'll be leaving for Cullowhee soon after a steak lunch! Oh wait...
SHOUT OUT
To "Barney" and "Fox" (both girls). Barney and Fox are two friends of mine in my Literature class, and yesterday I barely made it up to the second floor of Coulter thanks to a hypoglycemic attack. I have no idea what happened or why my sugar plummeted but it did once again! Barney and Fox were amazing, sitting out in the hall with me and making sure I didn't do something really stupid as my sugar climbed back up and was extremely unstable. I began to get super goofy and it's best to let what happened remain between us three. I am not proud of my uncontrollable actions! The point is they are super cool for helping me out and being so calm about the whole thing!!! YOU GUYS ROCK!

No comments: